Friday, September 16, 2011

God in His greatness

I was reading my morning bible chapter today, and it was Habakkuk. Habakkuk chapter 3 really unveils who God really is. The second verse was exactly what my prayer has been to him lately. It really touched me so closely, because it was like Habakkuk took the words right out of my mouth! 2 LORD, I have heard of your fame; 
   I stand in awe of your deeds, O LORD. Renew them in our day, in our time make them known;in wrath remember mercy.  The rest of the verse goes on to say, 3 God came from Teman, the Holy One from Mount Paran. Selah[b] His glory covered the heavens and his praise filled the earth. 4 His splendor was like the sunrise; rays flashed from his hand, where his power was hidden.5 Plague went before him; pestilence followed his steps. 6 He stood, and shook the earth; he looked, and made the nations tremble. The ancient mountains crumbled and the age-old hills collapsed. His ways are eternal.”….WOW! The picture is drawn so clearly in my head. I can just imagine, the earth in such distress, the people in such desperation, but then God comes down from Heaven and then I can hear the people breaking out into song praises and His glory flowing over the entire earth like waves. Then it goes on to talk about how He stood and shook the earth, and made the entire earth tremble and mountains crumble. How POWERFUL He is!           7 I saw the tents of Cushan in distress, the dwellings of Midian in anguish. 8 Were you angry with the rivers, O LORD? Was your wrath against the streams? Did you rage against the sea when you rode with your horses and your victorious chariots? 9 You uncovered your bow, you called for many arrows. Selah You split the earth with rivers; 10 the mountains saw you and writhed. Torrents of water swept by; the deep roared and lifted its waves on high 11 Sun and moon stood still in the heavens at the glint of your flying arrows, at the lightning of your flashing sea 12 In wrath you strode through the earth and in anger you threshed the nations. 13 You came out to deliver your people, to save your anointed one. You crushed the leader of the land of wickedness, you stripped him from head to foot. Selah  14 With his own spear you pierced his head when his warriors stormed out to scatter us, gloating as though about to devour the wretched who were in hiding.  15 You trampled the sea with your horses, churning the great waters.”………He is fighting, He has fought for OUR victory. Not His own life, but MY life and YOUR life. We hold the victory, we are His children, and His desire is to protect us, bring us glory in His greatness and His power…..Habakkuk goes on to say, “16 I heard and my heart pounded, my lips quivered at the sound; decay crept into my bones, and my legs trembled. Yet I will wait patiently for the day of calamity to come on the nation invading us. 17 Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls,18 yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will be joyful in God my Savior 19 The Sovereign LORD is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to go on the heights.”…..Habakkuk plainly describes exactly God’s character in its glory, greatness, and victory. I love how Habakkuk ends the book, rejoicing and knowing that God enables us to go on the heights! This chapter is so powerful! It makes me just sit back and really humble myself to understand and grasp my God, my Father is. We are victorious! J

P.S.
I felt the need to do this today, if you are reading this, and you have a prayer request, please leave me a comment. There is an option to leave comments anonymously. And if it’s something personal, you can e-mail me at anjelicamg@gmail.com. God cares about every concern that we have, small or large!

No comments:

Post a Comment