Thursday, September 15, 2011

Feelings

     This past weekend was just completely rocked by God.  I went to a Women’s Conference put on by our Women’s Council from our church. It was so great to be in a room filled with loving, genuine hearts chasing after God’s own heart.
Last night we had our youth services for our Jr. High and High School students. And to be completely honest with you, I really wasn’t “feeling” it last night. All day it seemed as though both my husband and I were having an off day. But it’s just one of those things where you have to keep pushing through. I had to know and understand that at that point, it’s not about ME and MY feelings. It’s about what God can and will do through me to reach these students and people around me. There is definitely a bigger picture than simply myself. It’s amazing that our God is so gracious, and even though I’m not “feeling” it one night; God can still use a person like me, to reach and accomplish His will in the lives of others. That just goes to confirm that our relationship with God is not based on feelings alone. It’s about who He is IN and THROUGH you, only if you allow it. Praise God that we are constantly covered by His joy and grace! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment